Guide to Life Coaching
How life coaching can help you?
If you have a particular challenge or shortcoming you wish would just go away or a dream you hope will unfold "one day" soon, quality life coaching can inspire and guide you through the necessary steps to overcome stagnation, to actively invest in yourself, and to reach your goals more quickly.
How the coaching process works?
Call for free consultation at (404) 644-0710. Select a package that fits your budget, and strategize with Dr. Thompson to build a life which plays to your strengths.
Am I a good candidate?
You're a good candidate if you're eager to invest in yourself in order to lead your most productive life, and you desire efficient clarification and guidance from a trusted professional to consistently hold you accountable to stated goals.
Differences Between Therapy And Coaching
- Clients have specific complaints or symptoms, a deficiency in functioning, or overwhelming reactions to certain stressors or relationship distress. Clients may or may not have a clear explanation for the causes of dysfunction.
- The first goal is to determine a diagnosis and necessary treatment, possibly including medication.
- The process evolves over the course of several weeks, months or years; research indicates most people get the biggest bang for the buck in the first 20 sessions, though most need far less than 20 while some need far more than 20 sessions.
- Sessions may be virtual or in-person.
- Significant attention is paid to the distant past where earliest life lessons were acquired, and those lessons or emotional injuries are related to present maladaptive thought and action.
- Attempts are made to put the past in perspective and to introduce new perspectives and/or coping skills that facilitate growth and mental health.
- Psychologists work under a license by the state, and psychological services may be supported by insurance coverage.
- Clients have a specific goal, aspiration, or desire. Coaching works best when an individual knows what he or she wants to achieve. His/her life may be fine overall but there is a desire for more fulfillment.
- Ideas for desired support are largely generated by the client.
- The process is very lasered and only focused on the present and future. Progress is expected to happen rapidly though a lengthy coaching relationship is possible as long as progress toward the goal(s) is demonstrably occurring.
- Sessions are usually over the telephone and may be as brief as 30 minutes. Sessions are usually purchased in a bundle, and payment for that bundle is provided at the start of services.
- Little to no attention is paid to a diagnosis, the past, or the need for improved mental health. The client is expected to be mentally healthy and any observations to the contrary necessitate a referral to another mental health professional.
- Coaching is not a licensed field and is not supported by insurance coverage.
Atlanta, GA 30331
Get In Touch
Tel: (404) 644-0710